Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Dreams

Not night dreams, those beautiful dreams you used to have as a kid. Remember those?

Remember watching Disney films like Black Beauty and Karate Kid? Remember the feeling you used to get? Like you could do anything and had full intentions of doing just that?

When you were a kid, the world was you're oyster. you were ready to go out and fulfill your dreams!! Be happy because darn it, this is America and we have full freedom to the pursuit* of happiness!!

Hubby and I went to go see the 40 year old virgin with some friends Saturday. (No I don't have dreams of being a virgin and I promise this is going somewhere decent.) During the preview, Disney was advertising a new movie. It's about a kid in like the 40s who was a great golf player but because he came from a poor family, the golf clubs were telling him he couldn't golf. Of course, this being a true story and a Disney film, you know the kid went on to be a great, or at least win one big competition.

So I was sitting there remembering all my hopes and dreams, dashed against the rocks now in favor of stability and a new Rav4. I had actually put mine on the sideburner in favor of hopefully having hubby follow his own. He has now successfully won a few local graphic design awards and is considering moving us to Seattle to pursue the big dream.

So I guess my career isn't on hold anymore. But what do I want to do? What dream do I want to pursue? At one time I wanted to take over Micro$oft, but now I think I'd rather do something creative. Something that has nothing to do with money. Just something to make me happy.

Something that I don't have to wait on a friend for or invest in. So...I think it's cartooning. I did up a few more last night and I think it's coming out well. I need to get a way to draw these up in the computer though. I drew a difficult frame yesterday and had to draw the same thing in the next frame and my hand was just itching to click copy, paste. (Sigh)

Anyway, when I'm ready I'll show you the cartoons. But I don't think I'm ready yet. Just know that I'm healing. Slowly, but surely. Maybe eventually I'll write that book too.

Bottom line kiddies: Don't give up on your dreams. You may have to put them on hold, but don't give up on them.


* Disclaimer: Only pursuit of happiness guaranteed. Actual happiness not included.

2 comments:

theBlueNibble said...

is yr dogs name really sanchez??

Tanya said...

I remember the excitment I felt when The Wizard of Oz came on the tele once a year at christmas, I loved that film so much, still do.