Thursday, July 19, 2007

Freezing my ass off

But that is besides the point. I seem to be undergoing a slight metamorphisis.

My mind seems to volley back and forth between feeling alone because I'm not in a relationship, to not wanting a relationship until I can feel fine not being in a relationship.

However, I do seem to have this confidence about me lately. I'm somewhat single, in my thirties, successful, able to pay bills (even if a bit strapped at the moment). I'm fairly decent looking. Keeping my room clean. Have a nice new car (oh yeah, I got a new car...2007 Toyota Camry LE...love it.)

I was at my mom's the other day. My grandmother gave me a big hug and told me how proud she was of me. Me...the succesful career woman of the family now apparently. I kind of twitty-headed on that one.

Me? Successful? Career-woman? You mean like all those grown up women I see in the movies and on television? Wait...let me think this over.

Nice job? Check.
Good pay? Check.
401K and insurance? Check.
Nice car? Check.
Good hair and manicured nails? Check.
House? (Hmmm, check yet uncheck)
Good friends and fun times? Check.

Anyway, taking stock off my life, I realized that I finally made it. I'm a thirty year old woman, settled in her career, just enjoying life now that I've worked all that time to secure myself a comfortable living. I work. I've taken up guitar. I go out with friends. I'm somewhat settled in my ideals and opinions. And I'm just enjoying all I worked for.

Not sure where else I'm going with this other than to say, "Thank God, ma. I finally made it. I can finally relax."

3 comments:

Mark Brown said...

And yeah, the ex just didnt work out...

Sounds really good otherwise, but I agree you need to get a house/apartment on your own for a while....

enjoy yourself, and GO back and make me some comics!

Cloudy said...

Glad you are doing so well.

Mark Brown said...

But
But
But...

The Comic has disappeared

frownee face here