Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A bit of a bad day



So this weekend, my roomy and I purchased new cars.



This is my little beauty. Isn't she adorable? 2006 Mini Cooper.

Anyway, yesterday didn't seem like an unusual day when I woke up. Little did I know....

All weekend long I was trying to track down a supposed check cashed on my bank account for $400. Had no idea where it came from. There was nothing I could remember cutting a $400 check for that hadn't already cleared. I had my suspicions.

So I called up the bank on my way to work. Come to find out that it wasn't a check. It was a withdrawal. I started to get angry and racked my brain on the off chance that perhaps I took out $400 and forgot. Nope. So there was only one other conclusion. My ex.

I called him three times. Then bitched him out. See...I have been paying mortgage on a house I don't live in, utilities for air conditioning, electricity, trash, and gas I don't use, a cell phone bill for a phone I don't talk on. After all these things I took care of for him, he took money from my (okay well legally our) account.

I bitched him up and down. He left me no money until my next paycheck, which is at least a week off. Then I promised him that I would be opening my own account that he would have no access to.

Get through that, get off work, go to the car dealership to get gas for my new car...and they tell me that the bank quoted the wrong payoff on my vehicle and I owe another $500 up front. Seriously?!? Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but I seem to have lost $400 overnight. So after stressing, I agree (because I love that car), sign the promissory note and head out.

Come home. Eat dinner. Have to work. Get a text message.

The ex lost a dog. WTF?

Thank God he found him later, but I've just about reached max patience with everything.

Well I have to go. Work to do. Hope this finds you all much better than me.

3 comments:

blueberi said...

what a different new ? cool. I want a cooper. always have. lucky, well not really but at least you have a cool car.

Madwag said...

are you divorced yet? neat car... I want one too!...

Cloudy said...

sorry the other stuff had to distract from your new car purchase, it is a beaut!