Thursday, May 15, 2008

Brief Rant

Okay, I have a report that needs to get out for Accounting by the first weekday of every month. This day is extremely busy and when I first started this report, it would get out maybe every third business day, due to many different reasons.

Last month I got it out on the first day. Accounting had an issue with a check. I had to wait for them to correct it, and then I revised the report and resent it out. However, I felt proud that I finally got that report done on the 1st business day.

May was another deal altogether. Considering everything going on (May 1st being the day my mother passed away), I did call my boss and let her know what was going on and then racked my brain for what reports were due before going back into the hospital room to watch my mom fade away. I remembered the Accounting report and let my boss know and ask for an extension. She replied no problem.

My mother's funeral was the 5th. On the 6th, at exactly 3:31 p.m. (while I'm still on bereavement leave mind you) I sent the report. So three business days later.

I come in this morning to find the following email:

I know we have requested in the past that this report be delivered to us on the second business day of each month, but it doesn't always come that early. Is there any way it can be put on the calendar for Work Day 2? It is very important that I get this report by WD 2 because I need to add the info to my report and send to Corporate so they can meet their deadline for the liability submission the next morning.
Thanks for your help!
Okay, first of all, what crack is she smoking? 2nd business day = work day 2. Right?

Second of all, how dare you send an email about the report being late while I was dealing with my mom's death.
(Note: I understand reports need to get done, but if that's the case why didn't she deny the freakin extension and ask us to get it done on time rather than bitch about it later?) I just want to strangle the bitch. Seriously? No, seriously? I'm usually a very professional person, but I would love....luuurrrvvvveeee...to send this report on the 3rd work day of the month from now on just to spite the fuckin bitch.

Of course, I won't do that. But I did email my boss and let her know that I was unhappy about the above email.

Still furious.

Why do I let dumb people get to me?

1 comment:

Cloudy said...

That lady has no class.