Sunday, May 25, 2008

I've had it!

I think I've been sick for an entire month. A month. With only maybe a day or so of feeling normal.

Today I've been wracked with stomach pain. I don't know what I ate, or did. But I'm tired of this.

So, I don't know if it's going to help, but it's time to make some health resolutions:

#1. Stop smoking.

You have no idea how hard this is. To quit smoking is the hardest thing ever, but...whenever I smoke I feel like crap. Whenever I don't smoke, I feel like crap. And I have the feeling theat if I stopped smoking, I would feel 500% better. So...today at 5:30 p.m. I had my last cigarette. That's it. I've had it. No more.

#2. Drink water.

I have a feeling that my body is waiving the white flag and surrendering because I refuse to take care of it. So next thing to do, is to drink more water. I bet my body is extremely dehydrated, especially while I'm sick, and it's time I took care of it.

#3. Eat healthier.

The last few months, I've been eating like crap. My old habits have been working their way back into my eating life. It's time to start eating more vegetables and less fat.

#4. Exercise.

I can start off small on this one. I have a friend that has invited me to yoga on Tuesday. Hopefully, by the grace of God, I will feel better by then.

Ugh! My stomach and head are killing me. But I'm going to stick with these and hope that everything gets better. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Mark Brown said...

Go Girl.

Quitting smoking was the hardest two things I ever did over in my life.

First time I quit, I had smoked from about 11 to 23, quit cold turkey for 3 years, made mistake of taking one drag at a bar and was smoking again for almost 10 years.

second time I decided that nothing was worse, and have realized that there is no 12 step tobaco holics group.. gee I wonder why???

at any rate if you think like (alcoholics cant have even ONE ounce) then you can be successful.

and remember 8 glasses of water a day!

glug glug... good luck..

Cloudy said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Good for you, especially #1. I KNOW that quitting is extremely hard, but it is the best thing for yourself you can do, hands down. Smoking is so horrendously bad for you & so many different, awful health problems come from it.