Monday, December 10, 2012

Sometimes, I wish we had the luxury...

Work has gotten slightly better. My 1:1 on Thursday, while not encouraging was at least not frightening. There are some rules (that I'll cover below) that I learned and need to adhere to. 

However, this morning we had an issue. Ricky needed to get in early, but Patti needed help with the pack n play. Leaving late, he insisted that we drop me off first because, as he said, "we can't afford for YOU to lose your job." It is horrible that the thought of losing my job is somewhat look forward to? I mean, I don't really want to lose it, but my back is in knots from the stress. And I would love to catch up on sleep and spending time with my kid. My entire life, I've always been able to afford to allow my boyfriends the ability to quit their jobs. Ricky has done it at least once, and Rob a bit more frequently. For once, I'd love that luxury. Kick back for a few months while looking around. 

*sigh*

Really, what it comes down to, is I need a vacation. I need to relieve this stress somehow. Of course, once i figure out if I have my job or not. Once, we pay off some bills. Once we get life straightened out, i can do that. But I'm wondering, if that ever really happens? 

Even so, I must remember, that we're still very fortunate. 


Rules of Work

  • EVERY email must be treated like it's a final draft and going out to the Executive board
  • Make sure everything is labeled in the most sensible way

No comments: