Thursday, April 09, 2015

Sexy Music

The hubby and I went to a painting class the other day...on a work night no less! We were feeling feisty. Or as hubs put it, "we always go to dinner for date night...let's DO something." Glad he did. We packed up the kid and dropped him off at KidsPark (bedtime be damned) and headed over to Pinot's Palette! Now, we did NOT bring wine. I already felt guilty enough knowing Rids was close to meltdown at the daycare place, much less be a drunk parent on top of it. We hung out and had fun. Even met a guy who lost a briefcase on break..outside the store...he said there was something in the briefcase...and tried to sell us a computer he "found". Oh the fun! At the end of the class, I had to sprint over to the daycare to pick up Rids (class ended at 10, and daycare at 9:30). So I ditched my big man for my little man. When I got there, he was standing at the window looking out, waiting for his parents. It broke my heart. He seemed to be in good spirits though, standing there waving excitedly without shoes on. When I asked, they said he was throwing his shoes at things and people. One more hurdle... As I bundled him up in the car, I repeated how we are not to throw things period. And we should listen to our teacher. And how much I loved and missed him. We then headed back to pick up the hubs. Then left for home. The child passed out cold and we got the chance to spend some quality time together. So we kicked back in bed and started to play rock trivia. It was honestly the most fun we've had together for awhile. Not sure what got into both of us. At one point I turned on Marvin Gaye and hubs exclaimed this was a bad idea because anyone within hearing distance would know what we were doing. Okay, switch to the cure station on Pandora. As we started getting intimate, I kept laughing. I don't think I've ever "done it" to music before. It was so surreal and corny. But we continued and actually ended up enjoying ourselves thoroughly. I don't get to spend much alone time with my hubby. I miss it so much. Hopefully this is just the start to a continuing tradition.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to go to a Paint Night! They have them here but I've never gotten to go to one!