Thursday, March 15, 2007

Bear with me, this may be a long entry...

I know I should be updating more often, but I'm just so darn busy. Take yesterday for example...

It started out as a normal day, got up, got showered, got dressed. But I went in sans one co-worker/roommate/BFF. R broke his tooth...no, actually shattered it, and at the nagging of K (his girlfriend/my other roommate/BFF) and I, he finally agreed to go into the dentist.

K has their car, so I made arrangements the night prior to borrow my mother's car. She's been asking me to take it in for emmissions, but I digress. So around 11, I head back from work to pick up R and take him to his dental appointment. 2 hours later, he finds out his back teeth will need major work. To the tune of about $8k with the insurance. Ugh!!

Grab lunch, then head back to work. Finish a few reports. Then head back out towards home stopping only briefly at QT for the best fountain drinks ever, and at Baskin Robbins for a birthday cake for K. That's right...it was her birthday.

Get home and their puppy, Niles, is puking and wheezing like a mo-fo. R calls they say keep an eye on him and if he doesn't get better take him to the emergency animal hospital. After a little while, he seems to get better, so we head out for some great indian cuisine. The meal was awesome!!!

Head back home, have the cake for K, and determine that Niles is getting worse, so we head over to the emergency animal hospital after confirming a minimum $100 office charge. (Ouch!!!) Stay there until about 11 p.m. Find out he has a small trachea and possibly pneumonia, but that can't be confirmed without expensive x-rays. The animal hopsital can do the x-rays, but it would be at least double the fee that the normal vet charges. So we bundled up Niles with confirmation that he would be fine overnight, and head home to pass out.

This is not an unusual night. On Monday we went to see R's brother perform choir at the high school and bumped into my father-in-law and his wife...for the first time after the split...no worries though. He's a great guy. Just weird. Small world.

So let's recap. Since I've moved out, I've...went to Las Vegas, taken my mother to and from the hospital, helped K with all her various ankle needs, taken the puppy to and from the hospital, visited R and K's various families for bowling, dinner, choir specials, and visited many a bar and club. Not too mention playing a new Wii every spare moment I get. Oh! And I also finally saw Dr. Strangelove. Strange, indeed.

Well gotta go. Gotta fit work in somewhere and I had a full day and a half of major St. Pats day celebration to fit in on Saturday! Ciao! Or rather Erin Go Braugh!

2 comments:

Mark Brown said...

For shame dear.

Now You're playing video Games?

It seems like the best thing you could do (as FAST as possible)
is to MOVE out, and find yourself a ONE bedroom apartment so that you
can FIND yourself.

(forgive the presumed attitude, but)
ME DOTH think you've moved/jumped from one frying pan into the fire.

PS: WE want new COMIX too!

just a guy who (thinks he really does) care(s) in NJ

Ms. Adventures said...

Man! You're busy! Not a bad idea Markbnj. I guess roommates help battle lonliness somehow?