Thursday, March 29, 2007

Family Outings

Regardless of all the progress I've made, there is still one thing that always gets to me. It doesn't make any sense and I'm not sure why I get so emotional over it. It's being excluded from my roommates family outings.

I know, I told you...ridiculous. But I have reason to say this. Every family get together (with the exception of one) since I've been living with them, I've been invited to. There was bowling and two dinners with Rs family. When Ks sister came to town we went everywhere together. And then when we went to Vegas we spent all our time with Ks family.

There was a wedding too, but R was invited and K was not (obviously, I didn't go). That's another story altogether.

But now, Rs family is celebrating K and R's brother's girlfriends birthdays at a breakfast this Sunday. I've heard them talk about it and usually when Rs mom invites them, she always turns to me and says, "You MUST go!" too.

Now, I know I'm going to have to break the apron ties eventually. But for the meantime it's nice to be included. I suppose I could spend a nice Sunday morning by myself, playing wii or perhaps doing my cartoon.

I guess it's just the general feeling of being excluded. I REALLY need to get over that. Do you know to this day I still have anxiety over being left behind? When I'm getting ready in the morning, I rush like a madman thinking to myself, "Was that a door I heard? Will they really leave me behind if I don't get ready soon enough?" What's up with that?! Where in the hell did that insecurity come from?!?

Anyway, I'm good. I'll get over it. Maybe I'll visit my mom on Sunday. Or my ex-dog. Or maybe I'll just run around in my undies singing "Old Time Rock N Roll"

1 comment:

Mark Brown said...

See, forgive the amateur psychologist that I am, for saying this is one of the reasons you need to live by yourself for a bit to get more control over your life.

You lived with ex, for ages.
now you're living with a couple of friends.

You need to be alone, find yourself, and find a way to actually enjoy being alone for a bit.

Then other stuff will come... like friends, dinners, and even mom's and dogs, etc.