Saturday, April 28, 2007

Emotional Support

Thanks for all the comments guys. I actually shared with my roommate that I was feeling a little emotional the other day too. Aside from the wonderful support I got from you guys, I got a virtual hug from her and a co-worker/friend of hers (ours), and a couple of hugs from both roommates when I got home.

It's so nice to have friends I can depend on who care about me as much as I care about them. I'd have to say one of the things that I've been learning lately is to share my feelings and insecurities. I can remember one night when I first moved in, I was moping around the house feeling a bit lonely. I kept thinking to myself, "I just really need a hug."

I'd walk out to the living area where the roommates were and try to psych myself up to just ask for a hug. My thoughts were, "Just ask. Come'on. They won't care. Just tell them you're feeling a bit lonely and you just need a hug." I never got around to it though.

The next morning, I saw the female roommate and told her what I had been through the last night. She looked at me, opened her arms, and said, "Don't be stupid. Of course we would have given you a hug. Come 'ere."

It was then I realized that I knew that showing my weaknesses wasn't a weakness in itself. That these were my friends and that they would rather be there for me than have me miserable and keep to myself.

2 comments:

Madwag said...

You are welcome. I have a friend that likes to go clubbing here... she is a sweetie... a bit wild but no more than I use to be...lol.

Mark Brown said...

Hi dear.

Hug hug internet hug..

Now, go and find a new interest/hobby
don't stay at home

The TV is your WORST enemy!
Start watching it, and you will never leave your house, and you will mistake its easy entrancement as FRIENDSHIP, which is NEVER the case!

love
Markb