Thursday, March 22, 2012

Catchup

Okay, it's been awhile. So much has happened. We've moved, fixed the car, taken care of some finances, lost poor Pookie. Stress is boundless right now. So I believe I need to add some "me" time or stress relieving habits to my list. Time to revisit again:

  • Love and respect for all people: Been getting somewhat better at this. Been more patient and forgiving with Will. I notice I still need to listen more and really get involved in those around me. The stress has taken away all my energy and focus, but I think it's time to get involved again. Action: Look at the person who is talking to you and reiterate what they said slightly varied. Get excited for them.
  • Patient and appreciate life: Goodness, patience is a big one for me lately! I am so impatient with everyone and everything. I'm not sure why when what am I rushing for? I need to just relax and enjoy. Even home has been a flurry of clean, clean, clean. Action: Redo schedule to focus on relaxing and enjoying and less cleaning.
  • I am healthy and my family is healthy: I've been cooking at home more often and eating better. However, I really need to focus on making a menu and sticking with it. Action: Make a menu with breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday, and make sure every meal has a vegetable and fruit. Focus on diabetic friendly meals.
  • I am passionate and enjoy life: I think I've been getting better at this too. Not making excuses to stay at home. Been going out with friends more often. I think we'll take more of a direct approach for this one. Action: Take pictures of everything!
  • I am professional and creative at work: Another difficult one. I'm finding it hard to get really excited about work. I'm in this fog and getting very close to talking to a therapist or doctor about it. Need to focus again and stay sharp and enjoy work. How do I do this? Action: Develop mission and goals for work. Get focused. Review 7 Habits.
  • I am proactive in dealing with conflict: Need to refocus on this again. I was doing so well and then finances went in the crapper. Action: Schedule time to call debt collectors. Avoid email and voice mail for communication.
  • I have my finances under control: Weelll, budgeting has gotten better. Spending has not. However, in the past three months we have spent $2500 on a DOC Band, $3800 on a new engine, $900 (minus 400 from Will) on a rental car, XMas spending, ~$400 on moving expenses, $130 on a dryer....so yeah. I supposed I can give us a little leeway on that one. Action: Stick to budget.
And most importantly...review this every day. That really is the most important step.

No comments: