Thursday, October 23, 2014

Busy Life

I'm been meaning to get to the blog for ages, but life has been so busy I haven't been able to log anything.

Now I do so out of necessity. Several things have happened, let me start with the most maudlin. My father has passed away. While we knew he only had at most a few good years left, we never anticipated it happening so early. I can still hear him call my name, "Hey Ames." I can still see him playing with Ridley on the sofa. I'm not sure how to feel at times. My dad never wanted to be an invalid, relying on people to change his diaper, not be able to move and enjoy life. However, he was taken so quickly. An accident led to a trach which lead to his heart giving out. October 16th, Thursday morning was the day we all heard. Two days before my wedding. Damn it Dad.

It was decided that Dad would have wanted us to continue with the wedding. It was such a flurry of activity, it kept me distracted from the negative emotions. I was happy to marry Ricky, but the boy was crazy, everything was a blur. I'm still in need of some downtime from everything. Especially with my new husband.

Today is the day we hold services for my father. I'm so depressed, I'm just tired. I want to sleep. Can I sleep for just awhile? Just a little while?

No comments: