Thursday, June 25, 2015

Mindfulness

Today I'm going to try to be more mindful. I always rush everywhere with everything. It's a habit, and admittedly something I'm proud of. Not a lot of people would probably tell you that. I'm a staright up Type A, OCD personality. I wasn't always this way. You see, society groomed me to be so. Even with their articles about Type A personalities suffering from burn out and heart attacks, Type As are really what they want. Want the best job? Work long hours, be the best at what your at, be fast. Want the first ticket? The first spot in line? The best seat? Be competitive. You want the best? Then you have to be first! It's not easy for me to slow down. I feel antsy. Like I'm being lazy. I can see all the spots in the house that need to be cleaned. My to do list growing. My work begging to be worked. The only time I really relax is when watching a show I enjoy...Game of Thrones, the latest Harry Potter movie. Bath? I don't have one. Not in our shower anyway. And to take one in the guest bathroom would require schlepping everything over. Doing my nails? I need money and time to do that. Massage? Time and money again. Amy, why don't you sit quietly in your room and read a book? Okay, so in order to sit quietly in my room your going to assume that (a) I won't fall asleep and (b) my son and my husband will say something like "I totally understand, go get yourself some quiet time." I know....excuses, excuses. But doing things on my checklist make me feel better. It helps me relax. It burns calories. It gets things done. BTW, have an appointment to see the cardiologist in July.

No comments: