Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Raising myself up a bit

Since my father died (and my mother), I've had a difficult time being happy. I feel guilty. Like I should just continually mourn both of them passing so young. On that same note, I don't really feel great about myself. My self-esteem is low...I think all in an effort to keep myself humble and not happy. Comfortable, but not happy, or least not estatic. So this is an effort to see myself in a better light. Ways I'm as good as I don't think I am: - I help more than I think - We pay for my grandmas phone every month without thinking of it - We pay for my Riddles grandma's phone every month without thinking of it - We support two friends without any financial obligations or expectations - We usually take our friends out, paying for meals or admissions - We usually include everyone and attempt to make everyone happy - I bake every one cakes - I'm an accomplished, sought out analyst and programmer (I've had one job made for me, and three bidding wars.) - I seek knowledge to understand. - I found my soulmate and I'm very happy with him - I have a great kid - I have a Masters degree - I've won city wide competitions for speeches - I was there for both my father and mother passing

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm not caught up on this blog at all. I used to follow regularly and then I got out of the habit. Now I'm at a new blog under this name (my old blog that I followed you under is now private).

Can I ask if you are in any blogging groups for people who use their blogs as life diaries? One of the things I've always loved about your blog is that it is a daily life diary blog just like mine - it isn't about product reviews or political articles etc.. It is just an honest blog of your life like mine is. ( I do have one blog I'm working toward monetizing, but at rainbowsandballerinas.com I just talk about life).

Any way, let me know if you know of any groups of diary bloggers. Also, come say hi if you get a chance :)