Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Back from Vacation

Did I mention I was going on vacation? Granted, it was a very short one. I had Friday off but we didn't leave until Saturday afternoon. Well let me backup here...

Last week my sis-in-law was in town with her husband and they're three kids. They live in California...wait, hold your response...they live in Escondido, CA. Yeah. Anyway they drove in because her hubby had some conference to go to here in Phoenix. So,

Friday I took off work and hung out with sis. Then they had a birthday party at the hotel that was both nice and a disaster at the same time. I think I'll explain that one later.

Saturday, I went to WW with Blue, then all three of us went out for breakfast. Blue agreed to watch the house and the animals contained within it until we got back. And then we left for Showlow.

Four blissful, crisp and cool, lazy days in Showlow.

We lazed around. Went to see a movie. I made pork chops and mashed potatoes for one dinner. Went out for the other dinners. I did work a little and then got yelled at by my boss for working on vacation. I didn't even do a comic strip! I didn't even check blogs!

Unfortunately my monthly visitor showed up Monday and I was in horrendous pain for one of those days. But better to get it relaxing in Showlow then stuck behind some desk.

Oh and I stopped drinking Diet Coke and started drinking water. I feel a WWHHHOOOLLLEEE lot better.

Ciao, everyone!!

3 comments:

Madwag said...

You should blog about what a disaster my dad left your house in after you bought it from him... like the car... boxes....etc...lol...that was a disaster...

Mark Brown said...

VACATION What's that?

OR a view from two sexes:

My View:
Vacation? My business failed. I lost scads and scads of money. I am trying to build a word of mouth
based business on my technical skills, but after a year, I am finally job-hunting, because you suggested we might
lost the house otherwise.


Her view:
Oh I am working SO HARD, and that bast*RD is sitting home on his fat ass and eatting bon-bons.
No. Really. Well, OK, he Does do the laundry and clean the house now, but he STILL doesnt mow the lawn often enough.

A vacation? don't think I can afford to take a day off, even if I have 3 weeks vacation...


Our view? Sigh...

Madwag said...

your comics are getting even better...love them