Thursday, October 19, 2006

And so the insanity starts...

I went to my, ahem, female appointment today. I decided, well hubby and I decided, to inquire about fertility tests.

She gave me some paperwork and a cup for hubby. For moi? A bunch of blood tests. I guess this is supposed to gear me up for the discomfort of being pregnant and labor because she dug around in my left arm...nothing...then she tried my wrist. Under hand. It was a little painful, but what's worse is it was coming verrryyy slllowwwllyy. I had four other vials to fill. Plus I was getting lightheaded...very...lightheaded.

So she switched to the other wrist. The blood poured out of that one and I didn't even feel the needle. WTH?!

So after all that, I have another appointment with the doctor in a few weeks to discuss results and next steps.

Hopefully when that baby comes, I'll have a very humorous story to tell:

"Oh yeah, well I was crucified just for the ability to know if I could get pregnant with you."

Cross your fingers everyone.

6 comments:

Mark Brown said...

Ah blood Tests you say.

I am a victim/survivor/Esteemed donator of over 1 gallon of blood (Doy-over a number of years, you vampires and vamprillas out there!)

1gal=4 quarts=8pints
hey not taht much after all..

at any rate, I was FORCED to give up afte I had a similar event. The blood person (There is a technical name for it, the phlebotomist?(sp).
the bloodsucker (much better) put the needle in , moved it around, missed
took out needle, and tried 3 more times on arm, to no success.

Tried other arm and got 1/2 pint.
That was the last time I gave. After that occcurance, mentioned problem to the doctor, and they advised me I should keep my veins available for emergencies, and doctors, and not donate any more.


Markb

Onyx said...

Oouuuccchhhh!!

Mark Brown said...

Oh Yes, Also forgot to say:

I am also the survivor of a series of infertility tests. (gone bad?)

One: I worked in a computer room for two years straight. I spent 85% of my time in this computer room logged into machine#3.
Machine #3 (#3)was a desktop server (this was in 1989..)
I set it up to run UNIX, and become a mail server. In the course of two years it went from 20 clients (mail users) to 450 mail users.

One Problem. good 'ole #3 was located RIGHT OVER a floor mounted UPS (uninteruptible power supply) Not a small one like you have today.
This was a three foot hight,two foot wide, 4 foot deep unit, giving out ?? ?? watts of conditioned power.

Problem two. I had my monitor and terminal RIGHT over the UPS.
As a matter of fact, the UPS made a comfortable place to rest my legs around.

Do you see where this is going?
Remember I'm a guy.
Remember my "ahhem" crown jewels are sitting about 4 inches from this UPS.

Well. Let's say that two years after that when I tried to knock up my wife again, I couldn't.

So we went for the (at the time) controversial process of infertility treatment.

First her, then a brief moment of me.
She was punched, probed and proded as discussed by you above.
Nothing found.

Doctor then made appointment for me to go to the "DONATION Center".

Gee. You'd think they'd supply a nice Playboy, Hustler, or at LEAST a MAXIM as visual aids for us big lugs?? NO WAY...
At any rate, the test was taken, and out came the response.
Zero little zpermies. They said a low sperm count was like 10-200per million??

Even lower then than.
So bottom line, my youngest is ADOPTED.
And I have had a electricial vasectomy.

Too bad I haven't been interested in other women... I wouldn't have needed to "cover" myself to prevent a pregnancy.

Sigh.
Markie Mark

Mark Brown said...

Oh. Look HERE for my quick start guide to FIREFOX!

Mark

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes good... and fast. You deserve a baby... you will be such a cool mum. xoxoxo

Ms. Adventures said...

Good luck, hope it turns out the way you want!

BTW updated my blog, thanks for the prodding :)