Friday, October 27, 2006

Yay!!!

The funky tree in our yard (once shown in one of my comic strips) is now gone!!! We contacted a tree trimming guy and he was right on the ball. He called with an estimate last night as we were driving home. I asked when they could do the job and he informed me that they had some time then to take care of it. Not only did they remove the tree down to the ground (very impressed with how low they cut it down to), then removed the debris, and even raked the little debris up. I was so impressed that I gave them a tip. The guy was a bit surprised, but I'm just of the mentality that if someone does superb work for me...you deserve a little extra recognition for that.

I also asked him for a quote on our palm trees, which quite frankly was very reasonable, but it'll have to wait until later. But the yard looks tons better now. Funny thing is the roommate was a bit peeved because he had the assumption we were gonna pay him to take it down. Not sure how he got that idea when I remember our last conversation being, "Uh, no...we're hiring a professional because the tree is too close to the house." I guess he was banking on that $$ because he hit his fuel line out in the desert and now has to pay major bucks to get it fixed.

Yesterday was a busy day personally. We go the tree taken down, I lost my ATM card (already called it in), and a fish died. I was a bit shocked only because after I paid the tree guy I walked in and started talking to hubby and the roommate. Then I passed by the tank and there was the poor fish, nose to gravel and tail to the heavens. I yelled out in my most snarky voice, "I guess no one's checked the fish tank, huh?" The guys said they had. That kind of pissed me off. Well, take out the fucking fish then!! WTH?!?!

I swear. I'm trying not to be anti-guy, but why do I always have to tell them what to do?! Okay, granted, the roommate did do the back yard last weekend without prompting, but this is like the fifth fish that I've had to point out. WTF?! Not to mention that our trash has been overflowing because out of three freakin people, not one can ever remember to take it to the curb. I wish we just had one of those trash holes that goes in the ground. Then we wouldn't have to remember to take it out, they would just empty it. I wonder how pissed that make the garbage men?

Anyhoo, hubby's yank session has been postponed. Yes, that's what I've nicknamed his fertility session. He couldn't get off....of work. Bastards! He's always telling me how slow it is there right now and they won't give him a couple of hours of unpaid leave to go yank in a cup so we can determine if we're baby-qualified. Fuck! Is this ever going to happen?

I mean it could all be him. What's if it's both of us? What if it's only one of us? Of course, I've had a few good offers if it's him. lol. Men! But how weird would that be? Would we go to a bank? Find a friend? Still how weird to realize that you're having a baby with your husband and some stranger. Or just another guy altogether.

What if it's me? What if we had to find some woman to carry our child? I hate to sound petty, but I'm sure I would have my moments of jealousy and depression with that.

Or we could adopt altogether, but my fear is that we just wouldn't have the same bond. I know...that's harsh, but it's the truth. It's my fear. What if everytime I looked at our adopted baby, I would just think of the one we never had? Of course, I would love any baby we had, but you would be surprised at all the things that go through your mind when you're dealing with these kinds of potential issues.

Then there's the other side altogether. What if we don't have any issues? What then? What if it's just as simple as stress? What then? How do you combat that? Change jobs? Get massages? Wear a heartrate montior?

*sigh*

No comments: