Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I feel like such a 50s housewife...

So Saturday I purchased a new vacuum cleaner. I deliberated over each of the models, and decided upon a fairly inexpensive one. Brought it home, put it together, and turned it on. It spit junk all over the place!!! I don't care if it IS a cheap model. It should vacuum without creating a mess.

So hubby and I took it back. I'm actually surprised they didn't question me about it because all the crap from the floor was all over the vacuum cleaner. It looked at least a few weeks old. But good ole Wal-Mart took it back without blinking an eye.

The next day hubby and I went to Best Buy and once again I headed towards the vacuum cleaner aisle, just to look. I started ranting to hubby that I didn't want to buy an expensive vacuum cleaner but I couldn't find an inexpensive one to pick up the tumbleweeds of pet fur that roll around in our house.

So hubby...bless his heart...pointed me towards the Dysons. I looked at the tag price and and then looked at him like, "Are you freakin crazy?" (For those of you who don't know, Dysons are the cream of the crop for vacuum cleaners. They range from about $400 to $600.) We talked to the sales rep and he assured us that THIS cleaner was MADE for pet hair. Guaranteed to never lose suction, over the life of the vacuum cleaner, attachments galore.

I kept on looking at hubby, then looking at the vacuum cleaner, reiterating, "I don't know...are you sure?" And hubby just kept saying, "You're gonna use it. We need it. You deserve it."

So we bought it! And Oh...My...God!!! It works amazingly!! By the time I finished vacuuming a small patch in the living room, I had about an extra acre of land in the canister. I was amazed!!

Of course hubby got his thank you. Now I have to replace our exercise ball. Don't ask...well okay go ahead and ask. I believe it's everyone's God-given right to yell from the rooftops when they had incredible sex. If I do get pregnant, it will be a hilarious story to tell the kid. "Well see, your dad got me a really good vacuum cleaner...no, you don't understand...a REALLY good vaccum."

2 comments:

blueberi said...

the exercise ball life was tragically cut short. Well at least some good came out of it.

Anonymous said...

I am so wanting a Dyson... I had one... a used one but it broke... waaaaaaaah

Sorry I didn't call you back... I fell asleep. Now I am awake...and have been all night...and can't sleep. I swear my clock is still on American time... ugh.