Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sometimes I think a cold is just a small reminder from God...

on what my mom is going through. Usually, I'm a pretty hardy person, but I woke up this morning with barely enough energy to hit my snooze button. This one really hit me hard. I can't even fathom what my mother is going through.

Anyway, I attempted to login to my work computer this morning. Made it through 5 minutes before giving up and literally passing out. I felt like someone had hit the side of my head with a frying pan. Sleeping it off seemed the only resolution to today's debacle.

However, around Noon, I received the best news I had gotten in days. I received a text message. It was from my brother.

I don't think I've shared but my brother moved out of my aunt's some time ago. Since then, he's been in and out of trouble. His cell phone was turned off a few weeks ago and none of us have been able to get ahold of him. I was the only one in the family he was talking to, so everyone was hoping that I would be able to get ahold of him to tell him about mom.

I guess his boss somehow found out about our mother and told him. As soon as he found out, he texted me. We chatted for a few minutes and I got the chance to ask him if he was okay and that above all else, he's still my little brother and I worry about him.

I worried that once he knew I knew what kind of trouble he was in, he'd stop talking to me. But he told me he got it all figured out and he just owed some fines now. I can't really go into detail, but him owing money is much better than the alternative.

At least that heavy load is off my chest now.

Now...I have to work. Ugh. Nothing ticks me off more than having to work while I'm incredibly sick. But it has to be done. So here I go...

Bleh.

No comments: