Monday, April 21, 2008

Time for a change...

Okay...I guess it's time to update.

A lot has happened in the past month or so:
- Most importantly, my mother has been diagnosed with AML (acute myeloid luekemia). It is treatable, but she's in the hospital for about a total of three weeks (two weeks left). Being a caregiver can be a very stressful thing. I've been worn out trying to take care of my mother. I've been very fortunate to have really supportive friends, but going to the hospital everyday, try to work, and try to fit in Toastmasters has been wearing me thin.
- A got a promotion and a raise. Yay, me! Now to get ahold of my finances and actually have money left by next paycheck.
- I moved around my bedroom, it's much nicer and more comfortable.
- I'm going to give it the 'ol college try on losing weight again. Today I signed up for a weight loss website, tracked my calories and I was just a bit over. If I'm aware of it though, I'm sure I can get a handle on it.
- I have been competing in speech contests for Toastmasters. My next contest is this weekend. Wish me luck!

That's it for now. I crave a change in my life. Also, with everything going on, I'm remembering what a good friend told me about dealing with a loved one going through a major health issue: "You can take care of them, but make sure you take care of yourself as well."

I think it's time to really take care of myself. I'm not talking eating cookies, or going to a movie. I'm talking eating healthier, exercising, reading more often, perhaps picking up my comic again.

I need to finish up a couple of projects first. Perhaps by the end of this week, and then I can started on focusing on me again. Baby steps, baby steps.

No comments: