Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Circle of Influence

We are responsible to control our lives and to powerfully influence our circumstances. -- Stephen R Covey

I definitely need to take on this mentality. Although I feel in control of my circumstances, most of time is spent working on things so they'll be better in the future. I don't spend much time in the here and now making things better.  I make a lot of excuses for any reason why I'm not happy today or right now. "Once I pay off my debts...", "Once I lose my weight...","Once I get a new job..." I'm spending way too much time not working on what I can influence now.

One thing I have started working on is my weight. I fasted Monday and feel great. I started the South Beach diet and feel better and sexier.

Although, yes, it's going to take some time to work out things financially, I need to identify what will make me and SO happy with what we have today.

My job is clearly within my own power to achieve. I know what's holding me back and I'm working on improving those. I feel the analysis I just put together was much better than ones I have been creating. My only drawback right now is my communication with my customers and also my ability to query efficiently. I can and will improve those areas starting tomorrow.

I really need to look at what is going on in my life and tackle them. Therefore, at this moment I will sign off and spend some time with my SO...

Ta, ta for now!

No comments: