Sunday, February 21, 2016

Realizations

I think it would be in my best interest to pick up the blog again. I have way to many issues and not enough money to see a therapist. So next best thing... So, we went to go see Deadpool the other day. Awesome movie. There are so many things I could say about this movie, but quite frankly about a bill-yun other websites have already said it. So instead, I'll just share my person actualizations about this movie and the population in general...I mean around me. So whenever I see one of these movies I get extremely amped up. I want to be a badass. I want to kick ass. I want to take the names. I want to be that guy on the screen. Deft, agile, totally cool and totally violent. My body literally starts getting all antsy and I just want to pop up and bash someone in the head. Not like in a violent way, but in a "your gonna start shit with me? I don't think so!" (I told you I have issues.) I assumed everyone had this reaction. I figured scores of people came out of that movie, just looking to cause damage to the first person that looked at them wrong. They ran out of the theatre for a seamstress to create their new hero spandex suit. So on the way home, I asked my respective carmates what they wanted to be when they grew up. The answers? #1: "Comfortable" #2: "A writer" What?!?! You never wanted to be a super hero?? Especially after watching movies like that?!?! Seriously?!?!?!?!?!!? (was that enough question marks and exclamation points?) HOW COULD YOU NOT?!?!? My poor little brain exploded then. I just assumed the world wanted to save the world. Does this make me obligated to start figuring out my hero colors? Do I need to start taking krav mega? I mean, if I don't, who will? Then my mind start drifting too, "Well, being badass is super cool but honestly your a freaking christian. Pretty sure christianity is about THE OPPOSITE of kicking butt. So maybe you should just like, volunteer and give back to community." So yeah, I need to do that. I do the occasion Smoke Walk. I give my $1 at Walgreens when the signature pad asks me. I give a buck or two to the homeless guy on the freeway ramp when I can. But maybe it's time to step it up. I'll still take that Krav Maga class though. ;-)

No comments: