Friday, June 29, 2007

I'm a big girl now.

So, the roomies will be celebrating their 2.5 year anniversary soon (they would've celebrated their 2 year one, but unfortunately they were busy moving because of me.) They have chosen to go out of town for the weekend, which is going to leave little old me all alone in the apartment.

My first response to this was a little teary. And then I thought, "This is stupid, you're a big girl, you handle one weekend by yourself."

Then I responded to myself, "Don't be so hard on yourself. Not only have you only been alone only one week in your entire life; this will be the first time absolutely alone by yourself, as a (semi)single girl. It's natural that your freaking."

Actually, I think considering the circumstances, I'm handling it well. I'm thinking I'll relax, go out and have fun, chill with the dog. It'll probably end up being very good for me. Plus, it'll ease me into moving out and living on my own eventually.

Of course, it doesn't help that out of all the days to be emotional for the past two weeks at least, this is the day. Yes, I'm a bit emotional, but today compared to my other "emotional" days is like comparing a science fair project to Pompeii. Very light indeed.

2 comments:

Mark Brown said...

SO? Just take all that pain, rage, and blood -- and channel it into

.
.
.
.
V

that's right... A comic!

Love... Markbnj

and you DO need to get used to being alone, I entirely agree!

Madwag said...

so when are you going on holiday to visit the UK??!!