Monday, June 04, 2007

Weekend was good...

Another relaxing weekend that I don't want to return to work from.

I guess the first day to start off with would be Thursday actually. Thursday night we went to go watch the roommates band, 'Me and Joanna' at a bar. They started at 8. We didn't stay long as the other roommates weren't feeling well. But we watched their show and they did pretty good. Listening to them practice and knowing the newer songs from the old, you can really tell in the performance. The songs were good, but some a little more finished than others.

Friday K took my car in as theirs had started acting up on her. So R and I took their car into work (which gave us no hassle for the half a block he drove it). However, by the time lunch had come around, we got into the car and it wouldn't start. We tried for about five minutes to get that thing going, but it only made it about 5 feet. After reparking it again, we gave up and sat in the heat for an hour and then finally decided to order in.

Friday night, I went out with an old friend, Blueberry. We went to First Friday, a local event that showcases artists and bands by opening up the streets and local galleries for pedestrians to walk through. After walking around for about an hour, we headed over to a local bar. Played a few games. Fended off the locals. Then headed home. Once I got home, just slightly drunk, I played Wii with the roommates then headed off for snooze land.

Saturday was spent just kicking back and playing Wii. Until that night where we had a slight incident. For a month now the roommate has been talking about going to either the Aquabat concert or the Morrissey concert. In addition to the Aquabats being a great band, the roommates old band was also opening for them. So what a dilemma. Anyway, come Saturday night I ask what the plans are. He shrugs it off and essentially says he may not be going. And yes, ladies and gentlemen, I throw a fit. A hissy fit. I walk around a while, have a cigarette, then tell him, "Fine. If you don't want to go, I'll go to a movie."

The rommates were pretty nice about it. I acknowledged that I was being pissy and that I didn't want them to go just because I was being a raving bitch about it. But here's my point. You talk about it for well over a month. 'I've' been talking about it well over a month. Heck, the night before, I was hounding him about the concert. And the response I got the next day? "I didn't know you wanted to see it." I guess all it really came down to is money. But if he had just said that, I would've been fine. I mean...this is freakin Morrissey we're talking about.

So the two brother roommates and I went to see Morrissey. It was a very good concert. Very entertaining. Good seats...and he took off his shirt twice. Which was hilarious as the guy is 48 years old.

Sunday was spent driving around for Wii games, playing karaoke, and then hustling off to bed. Very relaxing indeed.

1 comment:

Madwag said...

OMG am I homesick. I can picture what you were doing and perhaps the places. As you know, it is completely different here in England. Oh well... the super centre is almost complete... much like the ones back home...that makes me feel a little more in my element.