Monday, August 20, 2007

Time to catch up

It feels like it's been a month since I updated. I know I haven't been a very good co-blogger, but I really do appreciate all of your comments and support.

I know this weekend wasn't really busy, but I sure feel like it was. Let me think back....

Friday, we went out for dinner, I know that...but darned if I remember, oh wait....that's right, we went to El Paso. This is what happens when you get older. The memory starts to fade. Anyway, I remember complaining because I'm low on funds, and the roomies have been taking me out for food...a lot. Soon I'm going to end up looking like a whale. So I just had a side salad, some suateed mushrooms and one potato skin. Man, was I full!

Saturday, my female roomie, I really need to name her...I'll use her cartoon name, Karrie, had a convention to go to, so Kris and I were left on our own. I remember...not much. Seriously, this is an issue. Let me go over what I do remember...yesterday.

Yesterday, Karrie had to work, so I got up and made them breakfast (not unusual because I'm usually not hungry in the a.m. but feel bad that the poor girl has to work so much.) After she left, Kris played video games and I cleaned up a bit. I had grabbed my dvd player (on Saturday, ahhhh, it's all coming back now), and had to set it up. Looking in my room, I had a lot of furntiure but not much room to work with. After staring at the peices for probably a good half hour, I finally found a configuration I was comfortable with.

After moving things around for awhile, Kris' brother came over and hung out for awhile. We ran out and shopped and ate and just in general had a good time. When we got back, Karrie had also returned in dire need of Thai food (I'll get to that later.)

We had found out earlier that Kris' little brother was in the market for a car. He wants to spend $3000, but doesn't know how to drive a manual. After much looking, Karrie finally jumped up and told the little brother to follow her. Bless her heart, she was going to teach him how to drive stick....in their new VW Jetta Turbo. That girl really surprises me sometimes.

Unfortunately we never found a car good enough, but we'll keep looking.

The Thai food? Oddly enough, this is Ms. Karrie's favorite comfort food. I picked up on this earlier. Whenever she would have a trying day, I would stand up and declare it was time for Thai food. lol After months, I found out Kris' weakness too...Prime Rib. Oddly enough, I don't really have a comfort food. About the closest you will get is Baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip ice cream...just a cup though.

Anyway, I digress. Some things are getting better. Some a little more difficult to deal with.

Karrie told me about a neat little trick for a better outlook on life. It's to list 5 positive things each day. I'm going to try to remember to do this, starting today:

1. I'm grateful for goods friends who are not only willing to move to a new apartment with me, take in my cats, put up with my funky days, and listen to me karaoke; but also take care of me when I'm disgusted with my finances and can't afford a QT taquito much less an entire dinner.
2. I'm grateful that my mother is doing better and while although she has to return to the hospital today, still has a good outlook on life. I'm truly grateful that she's still with us.
3. I'm grateful that I finally got off my butt and rearranged my room to something that works for me.
4. I'm grateful that I still have a job to go to and lots of opportunity to still grow.
5. I'm grateful that while although times are a bit difficult today, I know they'll get better.

2 comments:

blueberi said...

list 5 things. that's a good idea. I'm gonna need to do that too.

Do you have any plans for Sat? We should do something.

Mark Brown said...

and I'm going thru some SERIOUS family issues right now... aurg.
And why is the comment showing in russian?


Love... Markie