Friday, January 25, 2008

Busy, busy, busy...still

Perhaps it's time to explain everything that's really going on in my life. I've been tentative to explain because I know a lot of people involved read this blog, or could read this blog (who am I kidding? no one reads this blog anymore).

A few weeks ago, a fellow Toastmaster mentioned that a position had opened up at her company and I should send along my resume. I figured, why not? So I sent it along, and she immediately replied that I would be perfect for the job and talked me into formally posting for it. I must admit that when I eventually saw the job description, I thought I would be perfect for it.

Well, unfortunately, when I posted my cover letter, there was an incident and my boss got wind of my new activity. I have NEVER posted for another job before or since, so imagine my horror for her to find this out.

We talked things over and eventually got past the awkward phase, but she's been repeatedly asking me about the progress of the interviews. I understand. Me leaving is a dilemma. I do a lot of reporting that no one else can do.

Now who knows how this will all pan out. Most likely it will all come down to money. (I hate to say that.) I really do enjoy the job I have now, although I'm stressed to all heck and receive no bonuses. But my boss is great with flex-time, which I appreciate to no end. And she's devastated at the thought of me leaving.

This other job puts me in the position of newbie status again, but I love a good challenge. The people seem good. Cafeteria. Potential bonus'. Larger company.

So all of this has kind of put my head in a spin. I have no idea what's going to happen. I seriously need a vacation.

5 comments:

blueberi said...

I'm sure things will work out for you.

Mark Brown said...

Yeah, like the 2 of us (at least) still do... grin..

Now my blog has had exactly 0 readers in the past 2 months.

cheers.

Madwag said...

new could be good!! I know it was for me... my whole life has changed w/ 'new' things in it.... my job, bees, my fitness (back how I was 6 years ago but even healthier)... I love the new things, makes me feel alive and happy

Rosebyanyothername said...

Ames - Go for it. If you don't you may regret. It is worth taking the chance to see how it all pans out. Good things are coming your way, embrace them.

Kenna said...

I still read your blog, each one of them. I may not always leave a comment, but we talk about a lot that you write here.

It's okay to not know what's going to happen. I didn't know you'd move in, but I am so glad that you did.

Don't be afraid of the surprises. Nothing is ever as bad as we ever fear it could be. :)

PS. I opened a blog specifically so I could post for you now.