Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Oh Neil...

What is The Diamond trying to tell me? In deep contemplation of life, Neil seems to be the recurring theme lately when I'm trying to figure everything out and trying to get a handle on my sanity. He's always playing on the radio just when I need it. Why is that? What are you trying to tell me Neil?

Anyway, I miss my old work buddies today. I was just thinking about how frustrated I am at work lately, and realized I don't have my old support system. I don't think employers realize how well the buddy system works in keeping their minions happy. Before I used to be able to walk over to my friends desk, vent, and then move on. Now I just stew. It's miserable.

All in all, I am doing better. Trying to get a happier attitude about life in general. I think I was tested and passed quite well yesterday afternoon on this. Essentially I got into an auto accident. A minor one, but no accident is ever pleasant. After he hit me, the guy popped out of his truck to scream bloody murder at me. I briefly gave into this insanity and started acting defensively, then came to my senses, calmed down and resolved th situation. I was proud of myself.

So, what else? Gawd, there's so many things that go through my mind at any one time, but to share all would be a novel of War and Peace proportions. The only thing left that is foremost in my mind, is my inability to pursue those things that I really enjoy. I feel pushed for time on work and volunteer work. I just want a sane moment to clean my room, do my cartoon, maybe read a book. Ugh!

So, time to find the balance. I may block out my time, but it's very difficult given my erratic schedule and love of sleep.

Thanks everyone for the words of consolation and comfort! Talk to you soon.

No comments: