Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Two posts in one day?!?!?! It's insanity!!!

Can't help it...I'm sitting here stewing in my own mental juices.

K and I were watching a movie the other night...Hope Floats. This s a wonderful little movie about a woman who is jilted by her husband by finding out he was cheating on her on Jerry Springer. So she and her daughter move in with the grandmother to a little back woods country town. Harry Connick Jr, falls in love with her, she's confused, her daughter is angry at her...there's just so much going on in this movie.

I'll tell you what though, watching this movie after my divorce was a major enlightening experience. One of the points of the movie is that the main character is going through a heart wrenching time. She's confused and awkward and trying to find herself again.

THANK GOD, I"M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

I just feel not myself anymore. I'm quiet, shy, not aggressive or outgoing like I used to be. Definitely scatterbrained. It's aggravating. I don't know what I've reverted too, but I almost feel like that puppy you find at the pound that kind of skitters back when you try to pet it, and you just know something happened to that poor dog. I should probably seek out some professional help, but I neither have the time or the money. Perhaps sometime soon. Until then, I'll self-therapize.

(I know therapize isn't a word! But I can't help but grin, because everytime I see this word, I visualize Bush Jr saying it then going, "heh, heh, heh". Oh imagination, what would I do without you?)

No comments: