Friday, January 04, 2008

Okay...this is it...

Today is the day I write a post and actually post it. Yes, I've actually written posts and not posted them. Simply because I got distracted by something else or was only halfway through the post and didn't have time to finish it.

So much to update, so I can only really choose one thing to talk about (because simply I still don't have the time).

This year I resolve not to make resolutions. I hate the word resolution. It's synonymous with "something I want to do, but quite frankly will never get around to." So this year, I'm making goals.

Now I haven't gotten around to actually setting them yet, but I have Franklin Covey on my side and as God as my witness, I will set my goals.

Off the top of my head I can tell you what I'm leaning towards or may include:

1) Being happy
Why is this not usually at the top of our lists? I know in years past, my #1 goal has usually included "getting finances straight" or "lose weight". This year it's all about Onyx's state of mind. I'm tired of worrying and being sad. So, I'm going to focus on those things that truly make me happy such as doing my comic strip, learning guitar, and making more free-time for myself.

2) Get my finances straight
Okay, so it didn't make top billing, but this is still important. After the divorce my finances got really screwy. Top that off with a smattering of Christmas cheer (aka spending way too much money) and you have a pretty debtful Onyx.

3) Improve health
I've been horrible at this one lately. I've lost weight but I haven't been drinking water, eating healthy, or exercising at all. It's time for me to step up my game.

I don't know about the others just yet. I'll probably throw in some "set realistic expectations" and "figure out what I want to do career-wise" in there too. Perhaps I'll even take a school course or two. Who knows. I'll let you know when I've finally figured it out.

No comments: