Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Busy Days, Interrupted Nights

Life has been fairly busy lately. Our mortgage company got ahold of us the other night, and offered a refinance deal. Which I'm not thrilled about, but it will be necessary to do soon. Or else our rate will sky rocket.

All night I was in a daze, thinking over numbers and repercussions. Wondering how in the hell I didn't fall over from shock at the amount we have to pay each month to student loans. (It really is ridiculous!)

I just can't believe how freakin expensive it is to live today. Gas for us each week is about $40 and we have great gas mileage. On top of that food is freakishly expensive, no matter where you go...well, unless you want wilted lettuce and grey meat.

Of course, getting to sleep was difficult last night. All I could think about was how little leftover money we have and how on earth would we EVER be able to afford a child even if we did get pregnant (by some miraculous act of God or science).

So this is my stress day today. Maybe I shouldn't have ordered that double-shot of espresso.

No comments: