Thursday, June 01, 2006

Why do I buy lottery tickets?

So hubby talks me into getting two tickets for the local lottery. One for each game. Both announced on Wednesday.

So this morning I go to the website and enter my numbers...nothing. And I think back to all the tickets I've purchased. I always check the numbers as if I could win the million dollar prize at any time, but odds are more favorable for a $5 or $100 dollar winner before the big one. But out of ALL the freakin tickets we've purchased, I think we've only won $5 once. Once!! So I look on the back of the ticket, and it says odds are 1 out of 32 of winning something. Anything. Hubby and I have bought well over thirty-two tickets and we have only won once.

I know what you're thinking, "But Onyx, what if you have only bought 63? You're winning ticket could be any day now."

Yeah?! BS!!! I figure over the past ten years hubby and I have bought at least four tickets a month. So you do the math kiddies...come'on, you can do it. *sigh* You want me to do it for you? Okay...

4 tickets * 12 months = 48 tickets a year
10 years * 48 tickets a year = 480 tickets give or take a few lotteries.

So...480 divided by 32 = 15

I should have won at least fifteen times by now. Not one!!!

It's a gyp! A ripoff!! Unjust, unfair bastards.

(But yeah, I'll probably still buy one on Saturday. Doh!)

2 comments:

Madwag said...

I like your new template... cuteness.

Ummmmm... don't know what to say about the lottery.

Anonymous said...

Don't think in a negative way!! Just play the lottery for fun..Buy more and more lottery
tickets and win amazing prizes...Have Fun!!