Friday, November 02, 2007

Two Weeks?

I think that's how long it's been since I last posted. I can remember a time when I posted every day. Twice a day.

So what have I been up to? Everything lately it seems. Let's go back to the last post...

October 19th through 20th
I have been involved in a lot of Toastmasters stuff as a tag-along to my roommate. Actually, I'm an official non-Toastmaster assistant. I've gone to so many meetings and functions, they pretty much treat me as an official Toastmaster. I should be joining an actual club soon, but I digress.

So that weekend the roommates and I headed up for a large Toastmaster conference. R and I ended up working our butts off setting up projection and sound. It was exhausting, yet fun at the same time. Due to the fact that both of us aren't Toastmasters and we worked all weekend, they gave us a special award. Special pin and standing ovation. It was extremely flattering. We received several comments that no one had ever seen any non-Toastmaster receive an award before. It was a very special night.

Aside from working, we did have some fun. Shared some good experiences. Ended up home without taking eachother's heads off. I guess I should mention briefly though that I was a bit irked Sunday night when we got back. I had been invited to go to R's mom's bday bash, and weeks prior I kept on trying confirm this. Five minutes before leaving I was apologized to and informed that I would not be going. Extremely upset to say the least. I had a good talk with R when they got back and resolved the issue though. (I'm trying not to make this a lengthy entry...oops, too late.)

Halloween Parties
Talk about busy. Okay, so Friday night prior to Halloween, we were invited to a Toastmasters Halloween party. I went as Marilyn Monroe, K went as a pregnant prom queen, and R went as another Toastmaster. We started out late. All of us got home late, left late, and hit traffic. Once we got there though, we had tons of fun. I had my glasses off for the first part of the night, and couldn't see anything. There were a bunch of cute costumes. I think the best though was Hugh Hefner and the retired bunnies.

Saturday we went to a house party that an ex-coworker of mine held. There weren't too many people there and I was the DD for that night, so it started off slow. We ended up staying for awhile though, and I started to talking to one guy dressed up as a cowboy. Cowboy Curtis, we tagged him. I thought he was interested, R thought he was interested, K thought he was an idiot. I should have listened to K. Oh well. Blueberry accompanied us too. She was a belly-dancer. It was a great costume for her.

Halloween Night
...was pretty uneventful. K spent tons of time shopping for our new costumes. Unfortunately R had class that night, so we spent the better half of it as his parents house handing out candy as 2/3 of Three's Company. I was Chrissie and K was Janet. It was great!

I think that's about it for now. I am feeling better. Not so schitzo. Not so emotional. Tired though. Geez. Plus I have another event to get to tonight. This is a 1950s themed benefit dinner. But it starts at 5:30 and is an hour away. What's with these people and scheduling things early?!

No comments: