Friday, May 26, 2006

Road Trip!!!

Well I finally managed to escape the office. For the last seven days all my spare time has been taken up working. Special project...there's always a freakin SPECIAL PROJECT!!! Geez!! By the amount of projects they label 'special' you'd think I work for NASA or something.

Everything is going better at home. This next three days off should help. And being away from home should help too. Just needed to relax a little. Okay, so I brought the laptop AND I made a promise to my boss I would bring it...but I didn't get any emails from work since I left. So that's reassuring. Everyone got bug-eyed at work when I told them I was leaving for the weekend though.

As a matter of fact my boss said the company was going to compensate me for my time on this project. When I asked her how, she started by replying, "Time off on the weekend..." I started cracking up. I responded, "Oh, so I get a weekend off from working, huh?" It was quite funny.

Anyway, she admitted that they were thinking of getting me a weekend away at a local hotel. That sounds nice. Maybe they'll throw in a massage too? Ya think? Yeah, I'm not placing any bets.

Everyone have a good Memorial Day weekend!!!

3 comments:

lettuce said...

Hope you have a great few days off - and that work doesn't catch up with you.

Mark Brown said...

May your time off be blissful, peaceful, and time well spent with hubby

Cheers
markbnj

blueberi said...

I'm glad to see that they finally let you have some time off. Even if you still had to be connected via internet. Someday all the hard work will really pay off.