Sunday, July 31, 2005

Livin The High Life

So we had a party last night...well, get together really.

Hubby sprang it on me last minute, so we went shopping for like 5 hours to get ready. We got filet mignon and fruit and wine and beer. Most of it from Costco. Gotta love that place!!!

Then we had about 4 friends over for dinner. Thank you, Blue-Bert, for helping out with dinner!!! It was grand. Although, I worked my ass off yesterday. Let's see, woke up at about 10 a.m. Hubby was over at a friends helping move, so I got into gear and started to clean house. I finished around 1 p.m. and then he arrived home. We showered and went out.

We stopped at Starbucks, where I got a croissant, then Toyota to get the oil changed. You should have seen the inside air filter. It was diiihhhiiirrrhhtttyy. So we had that replaced. Then headed over to Costco to get the food. Back home to store it, then back out to Safeway to get a few more things like ice and mushrooms. We got home, put everything away and 'ding, dong', they started filing in.

I was so funny. They brought beer and doritos, plus we had beer, three red wines, one white wine, oh and they brough Bacardi O3 (still have yet to try it). Plus another brought Wild Turkey. Whoa man!! I sniffed the cap. There was no way I was even gettin close to that!!

So we were going to have a BBQ, but then it started raining and getting windy. They tried to start the fire but it was just impossible to keep up in the wind. So I Foreman'd it. Blue-bert helped me wash off the mushrooms and get the steaks ready. She was a great help. I couldn't get over the irony of us being career women in the kitchen preparing ALL the freakin food, while the guys were all outside drinking and playing ball.

Anyway, we finished the night off with some cheesecake. OMG!! A large cheescake at Costco was only $11. What a steal!! DId I mention I love that place?

Before everyone left, I made sure to load them down with food, because a) if I eat it all, I would weight 50 pounds more by next weekend, and b) we simply cannot eat that much food by ourselves.

So now we're thinking we're going to do this every third Saturday. We'll call it "Third Saturdays", lol, after "First Fridays". Which we're doing next week, this week, next Friday..whatever...you know what I mean.

So now I'm talking hubby unto staying at home for at least a few hours. From the moment I woke up it's been, "Let's go out for coffee. Let's go out for breakfast. Let's go see a movie. Let's go to Home Depot." Good lord, man, let me wake up. So I made him coffee, breakfast, started laundry...I think I'm getting the hang of this 'wife' stuff. I mean, I've heard of other women doing it, but I thought it really wasn't for me. Nah, I like it. Just wish I had more time to dedicate to it. I'm thinking we might get hubby that new volvo with his first paycheck. Just have to watch the expenses. I cannot wait until he gets paid. Woohoo!!!

Livin' the high life. I think I'll get Crystal Light instead of Kool-Aid. lol

1 comment:

blueberi said...

I say next party all the guys have to do the cookin'. We are smart and successful, we shouldn't have to do it all. But maybe doing everything makes us that much better.