Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And I Ran, I Ran So Far Away...

For a few weeks now, I have these random moments in which I have a strong desire to go somewhere. Visuals of me in my Mini Cooper packed up with my cats driving along a road to many places pops into my head at random moments.


The other night I was envisualizing sitting on a California beach at night. Hands under my knees, waves rolling in, wind blowing through my hair, and the relection of the moon in the deep blue in front of me. Just sitting on the sand and experiencing the beauty. I don't think I've actually ever seen the ocean at night except in movies. I would like to do that...soon.


Earlier today I came across pictures of places I have a great desire to visit. These are ancient cities, relics, monuments of the great past. I want to visit these places more than say some museum or cheesy tourist attraction. These beautiful buildings nestled in nature...that's where I want to be. Someday...


2 comments:

Susan said...

The ocean is amazing at night, absolutely gorgeous. I miss traveling.

I like the vision of you and your cats taking off in your mini. What a road trip that would be! Sounds like a good cartoon--"Cats in the Cooper".

Mark Brown said...

Or if you decide to go to the RIGHT coast, I can show you all the cheesey places in NJ, like Bruce's "original" home, in Asbury Park, and other interesting trivia.


Mark Brown in NJ