Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Oh...My....God....

I'm so freakin tired, but quite honestly I think I'm just coming down from everything. Let me recap this weekend...

Friday, I finally did it. I finished my divorce papers. I drew it up in a fashion that I thought was both fair and equitable (my favorite term for the month) for both of us. I dragged my friend Karrie down to the courthouse then stood in shock. Not only from the fact that I was finally doing it, but that it was so freaking easy. Well that part at least. The part where you hand over the documents you've been stressing over for months, only to have some clerk quickly stamp and hand them back to you after you fork over $300.

So...after I filed for divorce, Karrie and I started Step #2. We deliberated for a good half hour over how to deliver the divorce papers to my husband. Don't believe the movies. While you can serve summons through a process server, you also have the choice to just hand them personally over (and then wait for them to go notorize the acceptance), or you can have them sent certified mail (at least in Arizona).

I wanted to be nice...really I did. I called up the ex and told him I had filed. He freaked. At first he said he was going to contest it then he started muttering about "whatever". Then I asked if he wanted to meet me at a bank to have it notarized, but he just wanted me to leave the papers at the house. Well, I want to get this all done as soon as possible...we made agreements about the house and I just want it all processed. So I sent him the divorce papers certified mail. I haven't heard from him since Friday and UPS already tried to deliver the papers but apparently he wasn't home.

Seems like there's always going to be something to worry about. Him accepting the delivery. Him not contesting the divorce. Him calling the mortgage people, me getting my loan, me paying off the debts...

However, I am a little excited. If he doesn't contest it and we can move in relatively soon, we saw some really nice kitchens at Ikea the other day. Karrie believes it will cost us about $10k to redo the entire house. I hope so. I might be able to just afford it.

Anyway, exhausted today. My good buddy and comrade started his new job today. I'm without break buddy, but I really am excited for him. I love new opportunities. I just want Karrie to be happy now.

*sigh*

Well another day, I better get back to work. Take care all!

2 comments:

Mark Brown said...

Well Congrats on the Huge Step

are you moving back into the house? great...

blueberi said...

Coolio. Sorry you missed out on the fun. Sat. We went to barcelona in n. sdale. it was pretty fun. I wore a killer dress. I'll have to show you some time.

hope you feel better soon.