Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Brain has checked out...

One thing I'm hoping that will occur after the finalization of my divorce is the return of my mental faculties. I've been so emotional and spacey and retarded since all this has been going on. It occupies my brain a majority of the time.

As well as the divorce, I've been worried about my friends and finances and work. I think my brain is overflowing with everything. It's just pushing my common sense and listening skills right out the door.

Example: Kris, Karrie and I went to lunch. When Karrie dropped us off at work again, Kris realized he didn't have his phone. So he called Karrie from my phone and asked her to look around the car to see if he had left it there. When she called back, the reasonable thing to do is just hand the phone over to Kris...but no...I wasn't thinking...so I answered the phone....awkward moment...Me: "Did you find it?"...Her: (silence) "Uh, yeah"...Me: "Ummm, do you want to speak to him?"....Her: "Uh, yeah."

I know...not that big of a deal, but stupid and I keep beating myself up about this kind of stuff. I'm really sensitive right now, so most of my conversations with people are followed up with me obsessing over analyzing the conversation for the next hour or so hoping I didn't piss anyone off.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Madwag said...

don't beat yourself up.... I do silly things all the time... you know that...lol.

your brain will be okay. xxx love you