Friday, September 21, 2007

Just can't stand myself lately...

I've become this weak, needy, pouty individual lately. Whatever happened to the strong, independent, so-sure-of-herself Onyx I used to be?

I don't know if I've said this before but divorce plays havoc on everything. Your emotions, your self-esteem, your finances, your complete outlook on life. You become almost the opposite of what you were prior to going through all the crap.

So today, my mantra is: "I'm a strong, independent, smart, creative, funny, beautiful woman who doesn't need others to confirm or supply her self-worth."

Did I mention my best friend isn't at work anymore? Yes, this has gotten to me. But, I'm not going to stand for my self-pity anymore, damn it! I'm going to start moving, getting social, getting vivacious, and proactive.

I can't be this weepy, self-obsessed, depressed little weakling anymore. I have to snap out of this. It's really not healthy.

So no more self-conscious, co-dependent Onyx.

(This thesaurusical entry brought to you by the makers of chocolate, "If you can't afford Xanax, eat your way to happiness.")

That's just a joke. I've actually lost quite a bit of weight. I'm good. I'm good.

No comments: