Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Internal Monologue

So, if your crazy like me, you have imaginary conversations in your head. Hey! I'm aware they're imaginary. I have to blame my grandmother. She's the writer in the family, so I frequently imagine conversations with other people throughout the day. I guess these are probably things if I had the cajones to say, I would. But I'm chicken...anyway...

So obviously in some cheesy mood, I started to think:

"You have to understand. I look hard on the outside. Independent and capable and put-together, but on the inside..."

(this is where it goes downhill)

"...well, I guess you could say I'm like an egg. Hard as hell on the outside, but once you get through the exterior, I'm a gooey mess."

(which even I looked at myself funny, as in WTH? You, Ms. Onyx, are weird. The sad thing is...that analogy is completely accurate.)

2 comments:

blueberi said...

Hahaha. I know exactly what you mean. Same here.

JR said...

I am reminded of the John Woo movie "Hard Boiled", and extend the analogy:

Any shell will crack under pressure, but boil it long enough and you'll find less an inner mess, and more a firm confirmation of the shell you just removed.

And if you can follow that, then we are both in a very sad state.