Saturday, May 13, 2006

Electronic Relationships are the best!!!

I've been shirking my familial duties as daughter and granddaughter.

My mom and grandma are cool about it, but I'm somewhat dreading tomorrow. With everything going on in life lately, I'm just not very social. I'm like a hermit crab, I just want to retreat and have everyone leave me alone.

My mom and grandma are cool though, like I said. The issue I have is with another family member. And for selfish reasons.

My dad's mother has been calling again. By all means, she's much better than my dad, but maaaannn, they have that guilt thing down pat. I've been avoiding her calls because I know going over there means I'll have to do the whole apologetic thing, make excuses, and avoid discussing my non-existant relationship with my father.

Like I said...selfish reasons.

Of course, everyday that passes by I feel more and more guilty because here's a woman trying to pursue a relationship. She's actually interested in me, loves me, which is a lot more than I can say for my dad.

Another reason why I just want to hide out tomorrow is because hubby's paycheck didn't come today. His boss was supposed to pay him on Friday, but once again...he said he would mail it. It worked last Saturday, but today no money. And I have bills, and mother's day gifts.

I know, I need to grow up. I'm a horrible procrastinator. Always have been. Probably always will.

But talking about this with you guys makes me feel better. I'll probably go over to my mom's tomorrow. Don't know what I'll do about my dad's mom yet. I'll call her eventually, but if I call tomorow...wait a second. Maybe that's why she's been calling lately...I figured it had something to do with mother's day, but in all likliehood my dad will be there tomorrow (which is why I want to avoid it). I wonder if she's scheming to get us back together?

I refuse to talk to that man!! Did I tell that even my own psychologist told me to avoid him? Anyway...we'll see.

Have a Happy Mother's Day everyone!!

4 comments:

Mark Brown said...

Oh..., and you'll need to upgrade from a psychologist to a shrink at some point... Only difference? atsome point shrinks can give you neat drugs that SOMETIMES help you

Mark Brown said...

shoot the comment I just wrote that took 5 minutes got deleted.

will attempt to retype.
It was serious:

aw, we luv u too.
1) regarding tomorrow. tell hubby that you need (and are going to LEAN VERY HEAVY) on him tommorow to get thru the mothers day fiasco.

tell him you'll pay him back big time for the help. tell him you dont think you'll be able to survive without the assistance.

Next cal your mom and tell her under no condition can you TOMORROW deal with your father. Tell her maybe some time after that, but ABSOLUTELY NOT tomorrow.

As you lean on hubby, tell everyone you're feeling under the weather (as an excuse...)

we luv u too, and hopefull maybe it willshow up this time.

lettuce said...

hope today goes well, whatever happens.

JR said...

Family life sounds complicated, a bit like mine. Your psychologist REALLY said to avoid him?