Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Good Lord!!

I am so freakin tired!!

Hubby and I were up late last night discussing potential future plans. His grandma's roommate has become worthless, so MIL (mom in law to you new bloggers), announced she's putting gramma in a group home. Gramma can't get up without assistance right now and is home alone most of the time.

Well, hubby and I thought about it and decided we would offer to live there again. It would give a few more years at home with gramma, and some financial help to us.

Hubby and I are okay with that, with one exception...someone would need to be home with gramma during the day when we're working. MIL told us she would bring someone in for about three hours each day. But upon further consideration we just don't think it's safe for gramma to be alone for six hours.

So we're going to have to call MIL back and discuss it. Best case scenario...they agree and hire someone 8 hours a day to come in. Worst case...we stay here and gramma goes into a group home (which quite honestly is where I think she should be anyway...24 hour care, meals, friends)

*sigh*

BTW, didn't call other grandma (I know I'm such a wuss and she hasn't called back) and we're meeting MILs on Sunday for some form of meal.

3 comments:

Madwag said...

Is that the same one that you guys lived with before??? Are you sure you want to do that again?

Ms. Adventures said...

that's a really big decision- I hope that will help you guys. I'll be thinking of you anyway.

Ms. Adventures said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.