Sunday, January 28, 2007

Big Changes

Okay, I guess it's about time I stopped pussing out and updated on what's going on in my life.

I went to see the psychologist and she confirmed my suspicions. So I made a decision. At this point I feel it would be better, for both of us, if I left for a brief period of time. This will hopefully allow hubby to grow and mature and show me that he's really serious about the relationship. I'm moving in with a few friends close to work, and have told hubby that we could see eachother during that time, but that I needed space.

One of the frequent questions brought up from people was why not see a marriage counselor first? Well, I had brought that up a week or so when I mentioned leaving, but he didn't seem to want to go see a therapist. By last week, I just felt so exhausted emotionally that I felt I needed a break. Also, there was a deep fear in my heart that if we just kept having talks, and I forgave him, that things eventually would return to the way the were and Iwould constantly being going from promise to promise on a wave of desolation.

So...I move out in a week. Friends of mine are upgrading their apartment from a two-bedroom to a three-bedroom. I'm taking the cats. Gosh, I really don't know what to say...*sigh*

6 comments:

Mark Brown said...

Believe it or not dear, I'll say "CONGRATS" because the IMPORTANT thing is that you made A DECISION.

and now it becomes up to him to see what happens>>>

some of us (like me for example--you do have my email, right?) want to just hug you, and tell you,
"there, there, it'll be ok.
It's even possible that you two may get back together..., but if not, we can help you get your life back together..."

Anyway sorry for the news, but happy you're ready to take the step..

Much luck
Markb in NJ

PS: A Automated Poetry machine poem is ready for you, I am looking for the link it came from on the blog..

Mark Brown said...

FOUND it:
Here's the poem:

And The Original Comment that started the thought process!

Madwag said...

sounds like you are going to make some positive changes for yourself... let us know how the move went...xooxx

Susan said...

I agree, it sounds like you're making the right move. (At least for now.) Good luck with everything!

--BTW, have you seen the site dabreakupsong.com? You can enter in a couple of reasons that you are breaking up (Like "Forgot My Birthday" and " Nerd") and it generates a song. Awful really, but might make you smile.

Ms. Adventures said...

I'm so sorry you're going through tough times like this. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Hugs!

Mark Brown said...

hope you're hangin' ok dear.

I worry when I don't see new comic or post

Markbnj