Monday, January 08, 2007

My Friends Are Too Smart...

My friends really have been good through all this crap. I hate taking over every conversation with what's going wrong in my marriage, but they've been great.

All of my friends have great advice, but one friend I spoke to today had different advice. He mentioned a relationship book he was reading. And the crux of the matter is this:

I've set down an ultimatum with my husband. He's on pin and needles as it is and everything I do is like a test that most likely will end up in failure. He plays games to avoid what he feels is the inevitable, which is me leaving him. He's also starting to distance himself from me, as I have him, to reduce the hurt when the end of the relationship occurs.

Part of the problem is that every moment we have together is fraught with anxiety and letdown. We don't ever just have fun with eachother anymore. His suggestion? I do something that hubby likes to do...not make him go out and do something I like to do...to begin with.

Essentially this is a two way street if I really want the relationship to work. I have my reason, some good and some bad, in support of the destruction of our relationship. But I have many reasons as well to try to patch it up. I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

Mark Brown said...

Arguh... Although this does make sense in a way.

What else besides video games does HE like doing?

What kind of game console do you have, and what games is he playing...

I would see if I could get a NEW game that he HASNT played yet either, that
especially has good
two player : Player on Player split screen action that you can do against each other.

Susan is correct... play against him there, not in other spots.

MB