Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Do Over!

I would like to call a do-over on this morning.

First of all, hubby was doing things this morning that REALLY pissed me off. I asked him not to do it, THEN he did it, THEN he apologized. How about ya just NOT do it in the first place? Especially right after I asked you not to?

Then I drove him to work, the traffic was horrendous on my way back and after I spent 10 minutes at one light to make a right-hand turn to my work, I get a voicemail...

One of our dogs got out. I call the roommate. Conversation was:

Me: "Hey, have you checked the backyard lately?"
Roommate: "Yeah, I just brought in the dogs."
Me: "How many were there?"
Roommate: "Two."
Me: "Uh yeah, the third one is at school."


So I asked him to go down to the elementary school and pick the dog up, while I attempt to rush through traffic to get back home. On my way there, I end up behind two people going 25 mph in a 35 mph zone. "Move it granny!!!" I was actually holding up fingers (no not that one) indicating the correct speed to her just in case she didn't see the twenty posted signs on the way down the road.

I finally get home. The dog is there, but the roommate left for work. So I check the back gate. Let me just explain my feelings with the following phrase:

"FUCKING APS!!!!"


I'm sure I'm not the first (or the last) person to utter this. They already lost our dog once before, by not locking the chain on the gate well enough. We went through a hassle with them explaining why we changed the lock, "YOU LOST OUR DOG! Hello?! Speaka de english?"

So I locked it up tight, cursed APS a few more times under my breath and headed back to work.

Already knowing one road on the way was backed up, I decided to take another route. Little did I know that the alternate route turns into a small ocean when it rains. The first few feet was fun. I hightailed it through there splashing tons of water all over the sidewalk, but that water was getting too darn deep. So I moved over with the rest of the cars. Then all of a sudden, all I saw was blue. "WTF?!" (I utilized my curse word vocabulary very well this morning.) Some big ass truck was going fifty next to me and splashing water all over the place. It covered my windsheild and I was blind for a few seconds. "Freakin idiot jerk."

Once I got off of that road, and onto a drier one, I was stopped by a red light. I leaned on my wheel, looked up to the skies and said to the almighty:

"I know why you made that flood. And I admire your ability to
not flood all of humanity out again. Only a God would have this much patience
with this many idiots."

1 comment:

Madwag said...

Your roomie sounds pretty lame. I would be so pissed off!.. APS is lame as well. Hope your day goes better today.