Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thank guys...

I am feeling better.

Today for lunch, I put my foot down with my lunchmates (two male co-workers that always want to do QT or some other fried food place.) One couldn't go, but I told the other one, "We're going to Sprouts!"

Once we got there, I got a pack of carrots, a green/white tea blend, and a turkey sandwich with bacon (couldn't resist) on rye. We had a nice relaxing lunch, didn't rush. It was nice.

Yesterday I had coffee with another friend (girlfriend to the missing lunchmate today). We had a blast. But as usual we were two boisterous girls in a room with echoes. By the end of the night, one of the last patrons said he didn't want us to leave. Apparently he wanted to hear more penis stories. LOL

I needed that.

One problem though, is I seem to have a horrible attention span. I kept on trying to focus on what she was saying, but it just eluded me sometimes. I think I just need to get better about my listening skills. I have the attention span of an ADHD boy on cocaine.

2 comments:

Madwag said...

glad you are feeling better... I am too. I started taking my tablets again. I'm not sure if I need to take them because my life is crap or if my life turns to crap w/o them...??? Either way... I am good now.
Have you seen the movie 'Thumb Sucker'? about an ADHD teenage boy who gets addicted to prescription speed?

Ms. Adventures said...

Ha ha! Good I'm really glad you're feeling better! I don't have much of an attention span either. AND good for you standing up about lunch! It's really hard to do sometimes but you have to stand up, to make it happen. Going to places that smell like fried food, even if they carry salads, makes it really hard to do the right thing. Better to avoid at all cost, if you ask me.