Thursday, November 09, 2006

Fight! Fight! Fight!

So hubby and I had a fight last night. Like we've been having for a few nights. I won't go into the details, but needless to say I feel exhausted today.

One of the things that's good about going to work after a fight is the ability to mull things over in your head without spousal interruption. So I've been thinking...not about what we said, or how we said it. Just the fact that we've been saying it all. He's been grumpy and a pain in the ass, and I have been feeding into it.

I don't want to do this anymore. No...I'm not saying I want to leave...or want a divorce. I just don't want to argue.

So I called him up, left a voice mail message, simply stating, "I don't want to fight anymore. I love you and I want things to get better. Let's talk it over tonight over dinner."

I hope it works. I really am tired of all of this. I really don't want to be at eachothers throats and on eachother's nerves. We deserve better in life for all that we've worked for and worked through.

Heck, I don't even know if I should be writing this, as the fight and exhaustion is still occurring. All I know is I'm tired, and sad, and emotional. And I just want a nice relationship with my husband. I want to smile when I see him, I want him to smile at me...a good honest smile. One that says, "I'm so happy to see you. Let's snuggle and just be together."

I just hope we can get back there. I just hope.

2 comments:

Mark Brown said...

DearHeart:

(and please forgive any tones that seep into this message BUT:)

I have 30 years experience with my dear wife.

Rule number one:
** NEVER GO TO BED angry.
* Had an argument? talk all night if necessary. but don't ever just roll over and (go to the living room) or (just go to bed and not talk to your lover...)
** Rule number two.
SEE RULE number one and DONT ever break it.
It might take all night, but never go to bed without kissing your honeybun!
(and yes, honeybuns can be EITHER sex!)

Rule # 3.
Remember, things can always be said to make the other one angry especially if you're angry. Please remember you WANT (or wanted) to spend your LIFE with this person!) Go easy in the anger!@

Anonymous said...

Julian and I have had our moments, as you well know. I think this is a moment for the both of you... you are both stressed out about all that is going on in your life. I will pray for calmness, peace and love for you both... I love you guys.