Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Not much going on

My days usually consist of: waking up, getting ready, going to work, work, coming home, making dinner, doing my comic strip, and exercising. With a little television spattered in for good measure. For some reason this is killing me sleep-wise. Usually it's the television part. It pushes back everything to about 9 p.m. and then I end up exercising right before bed.

I am doing well with my diet and exercise, however on occasion I skip exercising and go crazy for the next day or so until I exercise again. Especially today. I skipped exercising because I was so darn tired. And quite frankly there's no making up for it in the a.m. I only do one thing in the morning and that's wake up. That takes all of my energy.

In addition to not exercising last night, I am bummed because both of my buddies at work have the day off today. Therefore I splurged this morning and got Burger King. I didn't break my diet, but I'm sure I'll reap the repercussions of a greasy breakfast later.

My mind is floating over to babies more often lately. Hubby and I were at Pei Wei last night. Apparently this is the place to take your kids, because there were a ton of them running around or being held by their parents. One girl came in with cute baby in tow to pick something up. In hubby fashion, he pointed them out by saying, "Check out the littlest Pei Wei eater over there." (He does this frequently, I think it's adorable.) Looking at her and her baby, I started getting a bit depressed. The baby was absolutely adorable. And all I could think was, "Am I ever going to experience that?" Cause quite frankly at this point, I feel like it's never going to happen. I was a good supportive wife though, and kept my thoughts to myself. No reason to pressure the husband into such things. But to my surprise, out of the blue he said, "I'm going to get that test on Monday."

I looked up at him, trying to figure out if this was his wish or he saw the utter desperation in my eyes and threw me a bone. But when I looked at him, he was looking at that baby. So, at least we're on the same page...if only our reproductive systems were.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Turkey Day...

Cool about hubby.... he has the baby bug now too... he he he