Monday, November 27, 2006

Love/Hate Relationship

With just about everything in general. It was most definately an interesting holiday weekend.

It all started with Tuesday in which I left work a little early to visit an old friend and also pick up hubby's XMas gift. From work, I headed over to Wal-Mart and picked up a new Sirius satellite receiver. I have been planning to get one for hubby ever since last year, but just haven't had the chance, didn't like the price, or was waiting for better offers. Then I headed over to a resteraunt where a friend of mine was working. It was only a temp gig until she gets permanent work, but funny thing...she was actually offered a job that afternoon, so she could have quit and not worked the shift. (Later I found out she gave out halfway through the weekend and told them where to stick it. Hours sucked, pay sucked, everything sucked about it.)

That night we tested out the satellite radio (which we absolutely adore and can't live without now) and went searching for a ham. Did you know that apparently the new tradition for thanksgiving is ham? I didn't either until we went to two Costco's, both out of stock of hams but chock full o' turkeys. Fortunately hubby went scavaging and found a spiral ham in another refrigerated section.

Thursday turned out nice. I cleaned, rearranged furniture, cleaned some more, then cooked (not successfully), ate and cleaned some more. Apparently everyone loved the meal, but I was finicky. My mashed potatoes turned out gummy because I tried some new method (Screw you, Bon Appetit!)

Friday was P-Day. Monthly visitor. Damn!

Saturday was Weight Watchers, hanging out with Blue, saw the new 007 movie (a bit sappy for my tastes), and went clubbing. Well went club. We visited one club (full of hip-hop and the smell of dirty socks mixed with skunk...yes, you know what that is...don't play innocent with me). The place was too packed and everywhere people were smokin it up, so we stayed under an hour and got out of there. We headed over to a local bar and played pool until they closed. Then headed over to Castle to giggle like little schoolgirls. We poured over the Playgirl magazines searching for our favorite actors and singers in hopes of glimpsing their full glory. Since all the magazines were wrapped in cellophane, we had to purchase them to see the beauty within. Unfortunately as we got into the car and ripped open the plastic, all we found were pictures of fully clothed famous people and some pretty nasty naked pics of unknowns.

That just left yesterday. We didn't go to church. My intention was just to rest, but hubby and I got into a fight. That exhausted me even more and for some reason I had to stay up and watch Brokeback Mountain until 11 p.m. (I admit, it left me a little confused. But I suppose that's probably the way they felt too...so hey, mission accomplished.)

Which brings us to today. Back to work. Ugh! 30 more days until the next holiday. Countin it down...

2 comments:

Mark Brown said...

Excuse my French:

YOU WENT CLUBBIN? This WAS with you and Hubby, (and Blue...) ne-ces-pas?

Ok. Sorry. I married my best friend. I was lucky. I am grateful. I hang out with MY best friend, and really don't have
(My life sucks here comment..) a lot of other friends or outside interests

Onyx said...

Actually hubby doesn't 'club'. So I went out with Blue and her Montana friend.