Sunday, December 03, 2006

Busy Week?

It was for me. It seems my social life has all of a sudden taken off.

So, (deep breath), I finally started a MySpace account. I know, I know...may as well tattoo "geek" on my forehead, but I've heard of many people reuniting with long lost friends through this MySpace stuff, so I figured I'd give it a try. Sure 'nuff, first looksee at my old high school and I get int touch with a few old friends. Turns out that there is a informal high school reunion on Saturday and yours truly is invited.

So, on the agenda for Saturday aside from Weight Watchers and laundry...high school reunion (13 years if your wondering.) Oh but wait! A close friend of mine, his step-father's 50th Birthday is coming up and they're having a big shindig at the Crowne Plaza (forgive my slang, I'm in the middle of watching Desperately Seeking Susan). Both of these events start at the same time, so I'm in a dilemma.

Saturday rolls around. We go to Weight Watchers. We go out to eat. We go get Blue's hair done. We change. We head out to the high school reunion. If you haven't been to one of these...you simply must. Its weird. And all your memories come flooding back. That guy was dick. That guy was a sweetheart. That guy was just weird. That girl was a bitch. That girl was a slut. That girl is still a bitch. That girl is really quiet. Just weird.

But a couple of hours pass, we make our apologies for leaving early and head out to the B-Day shindig. We know virtually noone. So we end up staring into space most of the time and smiling politely at people we don't know. We had a good conversation with an old drummer though. That cat was cool.

An hour passes and Blue gets a text message from her buddy. It's her birthday and she's all alone. We must remedy. So we make apologies once again and book it over there. We decide to go to a close club. It was cool, It was made up of about four different types of clubs. I got hit on quite a bit, by some cuties too. A girl needs that from time to time. Blue and her friend got a lot of interest too but unfortunately not by the types they'd hoped for. All in all, we had great fun. We danced in the cage, they rode the bull, we got harrassed by freaks, but danced our asses off. AND made it safely home.

I went to sleep at 3 a.m. and didn't wake up until 1 p.m. (Lesse, 1..2..3...about 10 hours, not bad), but I'm still recuping and working. So see you guys later. Hope you had a good weekend.

1 comment:

blueberi said...

oh yeah can you email me that picture of me on the bull.
heeeheee, so fun.