Friday, December 15, 2006

I Shoulda Been a Jehovah's Witness

Would you really like to know how I feel about the holidays? Yeah, they still suck.

Hubby is doing okay. A minor scare, but all tests came out negative (or positive, depending how you'd like to define it.) However, the consulting firm he usually works with decided to terminate their relationship today. So status during the holidays? Unemployed.

In addition to that, I did receive a holiday bonus from work. And although, while much appreciated, the IRS took almost half of it. Oh, and the dryer is on the fritz. I haven't decided if I want to try to fix it myself, but I better decide pretty soon.

Oh wait, nevermind. I have vacation next week and hubby is unemployed, therefore also off next week. So screw it. I think we'll both just lounge around in a funk and match the smell of our clothes to our generel feelings.

I kid, I kid. That would just be nasty.

But yeah, I hate the holidays. Ugh.

By the way, before finding out the new status of our finances, I purchased the new Koontz book, entitled Brother Odd. If you've not yet had the chance to read Koontz or his Odd series, I suggest you go out and read Odd Thomas, Forever Odd, and this latest one. Very good reads. If you have read the first two, what are you waiting for? Rush out and contribute to my favorite authors earnings and GRAB THIS BOOK!!

Happy Freakin Holidays.

1 comment:

JR said...

Man, that's alot going on at once!d